- 150g peppermint flavoured chocolate. (I used a combination of The Chocolate Yogi’s ‘Happy Thoughts’ mylk chocolate and ‘Peppermint Jazz’ mylk mint chocolate.)
- 10tbsp full fat coconut milk.
- Optional: Raw cacao to coat the truffles.
- Chop all of the chocolate very finely and place in a medium sized bowl.
- In a separate bowl or mug, microwave the coconut milk for approximately 15 – 20 seconds, or until the milk is warm but not hot.
- Pour the coconut milk directly onto the chocolate and then cover the bowl with a plate, lid or tea towel. Do not stir. Leave for five minutes.
- Remove the cover and gently stir the chocolate and coconut until melted. If some pieces of chocolate do not melt, microwave in 10-second increments until the truffle mixture is smooth and well combined.
- Place bowl in the fridge for 1 – 2 hours before rolling spoonful’s of mixture into balls and coating in raw cacao powder.
These can be stored in the fridge or freezer.
NOTE: If you do happen to burn or over cook the chocolate, don’t stress. When you roll them into balls, you can smooth them out with your hands and you should still get a silky, smooth consistency.
Recipe By: Morgan Welch