- 1 can black beans, drained and rinsed (Be sure to rinse the beans thoroughly)
- Egg replacer equivalent to 2 eggs
- ¼ cup apple puree
- 2tsp vanilla extract
- 2tbsp freshly brewed coffee
- ¾ cup raw cacao powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ cup coconut sugar (You may need more depending on your taste)
- 1 x bar dark chocolate, chopped (I used The Chocolate Yogi’s ‘Astral’ dark vegan chocolate bar)
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees Celsius and line a baking tray with baking paper.
- In a high speed blender or food processor, add all of the ingredients beside the chocolate. Blend until smooth.
- Stir through the chopped dark chocolate.
- Spoon heaped tablespoons of the mixture onto baking paper and form cookie shapes. The batter may be runny, but it’ll firm up in the oven.
- Bake for approximately 25 minutes or until the top springs back when pressed gently. These will firm up as they cool.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool completely before serving.
Store in the fridge or freezer.
NOTE: These are also delicious as brownies. Simply pour the mixture into a lined brownie tin instead of forming into cookies.
Recipe by: Morgan Welch