Hello yogis!!! We are so excited to finally introduce HEALTHY VEGAN RECIPES to the Chocolate Yogi blog. You've been requesting this for some time and since we want to reward our little yogi family, what better time than in the lead up to Christmas to start brushing up on your culinary skills. Vegan feast, anyone?
First on the menu is this amazingly delish recipe from Mira aka @MaybeHealthy - vegan food lover, student and athlete. A gal who has our hearts! Time to salivate:
Chocolate & Beetroot Muffins
1 chia/flax egg
1 cup beet puree (about 1 large beetroot - cooked)
1/4 cup maple syrup
1/3 cup coconut sugar
1/4 tsp salt
1.5 tsp baking soda
1/4 cup melted coconut oil
1cup unsweetened almond milk
1 tsp espresso powder mixed with 1/4 cup water (optional)
1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1 1/2 cups wholemeal spelt flour
1/3 cup/1 bar The Chocolate Yogi Fun Bar chocolate, chopped (I used 1/2 Astral Crunch and 1/2 Happy Thoughts Mylk Chocolate)
Method: 1. Blend the beetroot in food processor.
2. Add the wet ingredients to the food processor. Let it blend until a smooth puree forms.
3. Sift dry ingredients into a large bowl.
4. Add wet to dry and carefully mix together.
5. Stir in the chocolate pieces.
6. Spoon 1/4 cup of the batter into lined muffin tins. You should get around 12 muffins
7. Bake for 25-30 min at 180C. HINT: Buy your choc yogi bars and healthy cooking staples in bulk as we'll have more delish recipes coming soon!
This recipe has been developed as part of The Chocolate Yogi ambassadorship program. Recipe ebook coming soon! Sign up to our e newsletter for chocolate freebies & to be the first to find out when the FREE ebook lands! For more recipes follow us @thechocolateyogi --