Organic Quality Ingredients
Made with pure, natural, organic ingredients, 'Yogi' chocolate is a healthier way of getting your chocolate on! We make our chocolate from raw cacao beans which are the richest known source of anti-oxidants on the planet. Our chocolate is also free from cane sugar, gluten, dairy and soy, so is gentler on your tummy and your mind. If you want an ultra gentle yogi treat, try our Frothy Toffee or Dreamy Chai flavour, it is also caffeine and theobromine free!
Our Main Ingredient Champions:
- Evaporated Coconut Nectar is a lower GI option than cane sugar and is simply coconut nectar which has been evaporated in to 'sugar' crystals. It retains many nutrients, such as iron, zinc, calcium and potassium. While we feel it is a healthier alternative, it is still a sugar and should be enjoyed in moderation.
- Raw Coconut is used in our tasty chocs instead of dairy milk. Coconut is fast growing in its reputation as a super food and we love enjoying all of its benefits which reportedly include - increased energy, weight loss, natural antibiotic activity, cholesterol reduction and insulin stabilisation.
- Raw Lucuma is a gorgeous south american fruit powder which retains natural B vitamins and beta carotene and it is pretty tasty too!
- Vanilla adds a beautiful delicate flavour. Some ancient Mayans believed it to be an aphrodisiac, but whether that is true we will leave up to your own experimentation! Vanilla contains some B vitamins and minerals, but mostly we love the beautiful flavour and aroma.
- Real Infusions of cinnamon sticks, fresh ginger, cardamom, black peppercorns, and cloves are used to make our dreamy chai a taste sensation. These beautiful organic ingredients are infused in their whole state in cacao butter over a couple of days bringing to you the scents and tastes of exotic spices from far off lands as you bite in to this creamy 'white' chocolate.
- Raw Cacao provides a high dose of antioxidants which are believed to help protect your nervous system from damage, prevent high blood pressure, and reduce the risk of cardiovascular disease and stroke. It also contains lots of yummy minerals such as magnesium, iron, potassium, calcium, zinc, copper and manganese. We are not saying replace your carrots with chocolate, but might as well enjoy some extra benefits as you chow down on your favourite treat! Also remember that dairy blocks the absorption of antioxidants from raw cacao, so if you are going to keep it raw, keep it vegan too for ultimate awesomeness!
Beans Beans Beans...
- We know where our beans have been! We work with ethical traders who have direct relationships with Cacao growers, giving them a better than fair trade deal while supplying you with beautiful beans which we hand sort before making in to chocolate.
- Our beans are clean - All our suppliers wash and sanitise their beans using organic citrus-based sanitisers for yours and your family's peace of mind, the beans are then quality tested before we receive them, making for pretty tasty bean-age.
- Our beans are raw and we know what that means - All our beans are kept to 50 degrees celsius and below during fermentation and drying processes and also whilst we make them in to chocolate. This means more yummy antioxidants for your body to enjoy whilst your tongue enjoys the taste! Our cacao butter is cold-pressed to retain maximum nutrients.